The Top Reasons to Take Vitamins
Keep Our Bodies in Good Working Order
Vitamins work hard to keep our bodies functioning properly and they help drive essential processes needed in our everyday lives. Each nutrient is on a mission to deliver health benefits that help you reach your wellness goals.
Cover Your Nutritional Bases
We do our best to eat healthy, but it’s not always easy to eat a balanced diet. A multivitamin can help to work towards your regular daily requirements for essential vitamins and minerals, if dietary intake is inadequate.
What Can Vitamins Do for Your Health?
Meeting Your Nutritional Needs
Committing to a new eating habit or lifestyle can feel rewarding, but you may unintentionally eliminate some essential vitamins and minerals in your diet. Multivitamin supplements can help fill nutritional gaps.
Supplements assist with dietary gaps
Obtaining nutrients from food intake is the best way to organically deliver benefits to the body, as vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- “Vitamins and Minerals.” The Nutrition Source, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Sept. 2012, https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/vitamins/.
- Betta Health, VIC Government, https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/antioxidants
- Vitamin C and Immune Function, 2017, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707683/#:~:text=It%20is%20a%20potent%20antioxidant,innate%20and%20adaptive%20immune%20system.
- How Vitamin C Supports a Healthy Immune Sysstem. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2020 https://www.eatright.org/food/vitamins-and-supplements/types-of-vitamins-and-nutrients/how-vitamin-c-supports-a-healthy-immune-system
- Kennedy, David O. “B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review.” Nutrients, vol. 8, no. 2, Jan. 2016. PubMed Central, doi:10.3390/nu8020068
- Calcium/Vitamin D Requirements, Recommended Foods & Supplements.” National Osteoporosis Foundation, https://www.nof.org/patients/tr eatment/calciumvitamin-d/. Accessed 7 Aug. 2020.